Creative Recruitment Drive From Marquis, Oregon’s Largest Senior Care Provider, Offers Employee Bonuses, Free Career Education and Training;
Some Jobs Are Great News For Displaced Hospitality And Restaurant Workers
Marquis Has One of the Lowest Turnover Rates in the Industry and Nearly All of its
Residents and Staff Protected by the COVID-19 Vaccine
PORTLAND, Ore. — (February 24, 2021) —Marquis Companies are hiring! Earning multiple five star ratings from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Marquis Companies operate 23 senior care facilities, 21 of them in Oregon. In preparation for an influx of new residents who want to make Marquis their home, Marquis Companies are hiring passionate individuals eager to join a team leading the recovery effort after COVID-19’s impact on the nation’s senior facilities. Marquis is adding talent at all levels: entry level support roles, training programs, management, and additional direct care staff to its existing family of top-notch care providers.
Career Changing Incentives for Marquis’ Healthcare Heroes
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), Caregivers, Medication Technicians, Nursing Assistant Training Course Students, Charge Nurses, Housekeepers, Cooks, and Department Managers are among the positions available. (List of jobs here.)
“Our biggest focus is recruiting Licensed Nurses (RN/LPN), CNAs, Caregivers and students for our Nursing Assistant Training Course,” says Marquis Companies Vice President of Talent Management, Katy Zahrte. “Our highly effective nursing teams at Marquis have played a critical role in our Road To Recovery and we want to show our appreciation as we begin to rebound our census. Marquis is offering cash bonuses of 2,500 dollars to full time RNs and 1,500 dollars to all full time LPNs joining the Company before May 31. The Company is giving 500 dollar cash bonuses to CNAs joining Marquis as full time employees.”
Displaced Hospitality and Restaurant Workers
Marquis’ hiring campaign also offers a chance for many of Oregon’s displaced hospitality and restaurant workers to embark on a new career path.
“We noticed that some of our greatest employees at Marquis previously worked in the hospitality or restaurant sectors and that their skill sets are excellent foundations for all our positions,” says Zahrte. “They’re hard working, multi-tasking, team players familiar with working in a fast paced environment and with many different types of people. In addition, they tend to have strong communications skills and a customer service-based approach to problem solving.”
Marquis Job Incentives Include:
- Training & Mentorship – Marquis welcomes new staff members by onboarding them through comprehensive paid training programs. They’re matched with seasoned mentors and given the tools they need to be successful.
- Career Planning - On-going career planning and career pathways are top priority at Marquis. The Company offers a 25,000 dollar Education Reimbursement opportunity for pursuing further education. More information on career development programs can be found here: https://www.marquiscompanies.com/careers/career-planning/
- Employee Bonus – Marquis is offering cash bonuses of 2,500 dollars to full time RNs and 1,500 dollars to all full time LPNs joining before May 31, plus a 500 dollar cash bonus to CNAs joining Marquis as full time employees.
- Stability with Industry Leader – Marquis offers long, rewarding careers for people who are passionate about helping others. The fifth generation company is known for its national senior care advocacy and leadership. Marquis’ CEO and President Phil Fogg is Vice-Chair of the American Health Care Association.
- Culture – Marquis Companies’ non-profit branch, Vital Life Foundation, partners with charitable programs within its communities and nationally. Through Vital Life Foundation, staff can help residents live out their life-long dreams.
- Safety – Marquis’ number one priority is safety. Staff is provided with all necessary PPE, infection prevention training, monthly in-services and immediate access to safety protocols. Marquis facilities were among first in the nation to complete all COVID-19 vaccinations, with what may be the highest vaccine participation rate: 82 percent of staff and 90 percent of residents.
- Longevity – New employees will benefit from working with and learning from experienced, longtime, top talent in the industry.
“I moved halfway across the country because I felt a deep connection to Marquis’ culture,” says Zahrte. “Ten years later, I’m still here! I’ve had so many opportunities for growth and advancement, but my favorite part about being a part of the Marquis family is helping others accomplish their career goals and achieve things they never thought possible.“
Application information at: https://www.marquiscompanies.com/careers/
About Marquis Companies: Marquis Companies provide post-acute rehab, long term care, assisted living, home health care and memory care throughout its 23 facilities in Oregon, California and Nevada. The company is fifth generation, family owned and has operated for more than 30 years. Marquis Companies is passionate about promoting vitality in the lives of each client and staff member; treating the person, not the disease; and placing each individual’s choices and experiences at the forefront of his or her care.